Declan Sheridan chosen for 2018 Commonwealth Nines Championships in Australia
Date published: 05 December 2017
Declan Sheridan, pictured during Mayfield's victory over West Hull in September
Mayfield’s Declan Sheridan will be heading down under next year after securing a spot on the Commonwealth Nines Championships team.
The team, made up of U23 rugby league players, will represent England at the Championships which take place in Australia in February.
Joining England and hosts Australia will be the 2014 champions Papua New Guinea.
Playing alongside them in the men’s competition will be Scotland, Fiji, Samoa, Wales, and Tonga.
A representative for Mayfield said: “The club is pleased that Dec Sheridan has been picked to represent England in the Commonwealth Games Nines.
“We wish him all the best in his trip.”
The Commonwealth Nines Championships are endorsed by the Commonwealth Games Federation, and will take place in February at Moreton Bay in Queensland.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park