Football: Sacred Heart facility reopens
Date published: 07 December 2017
Rochdale Sacred Heart FC training area back up and running
Rochdale Sacred Heart FC reopened one of its pitches on Tuesday following work carried out to repair damage caused by Storm Desmond in late 2015.
Funding came via a grant from the Emergency Football Relief Fund.
Tony Kershaw, Development Officer for Rochdale Sacred Heart FC, said: “Without this funding, we would not have been able to start up our youth academy section that today supports 30 grassroots footballers between the ages of 16 and 19-years-old.”
Roger De Nobrega, Chief Executive of the Lancashire FA, said: “This is great news for Rochdale Sacred Heart FC and we are pleased to hear that the funding received has enabled the club to reopen and provide football opportunities in the local community once again.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale set for direct link to Manchester airport
- 3Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 4Council windfall from Manchester Airport Group shares
- 5Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell