Football: Sacred Heart facility reopens
Date published: 07 December 2017
Rochdale Sacred Heart FC training area back up and running
Rochdale Sacred Heart FC reopened one of its pitches on Tuesday following work carried out to repair damage caused by Storm Desmond in late 2015.
Funding came via a grant from the Emergency Football Relief Fund.
Tony Kershaw, Development Officer for Rochdale Sacred Heart FC, said: “Without this funding, we would not have been able to start up our youth academy section that today supports 30 grassroots footballers between the ages of 16 and 19-years-old.”
Roger De Nobrega, Chief Executive of the Lancashire FA, said: “This is great news for Rochdale Sacred Heart FC and we are pleased to hear that the funding received has enabled the club to reopen and provide football opportunities in the local community once again.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park