Football: Gillingham 2 - 1 Rochdale
Date published: 13 January 2018
Andy Cannon scored Rochdale's only goal of the game
Despite taking the lead via a left foot strike by Andy Cannon, Rochdale allowed Gillingham to come from behind to take victory at Priestfield Stadium.
Cannon cut inside and unleashed a powerful shot from 20-yards to give Dale the lead with thirty minutes played.
Bradley Garmston equalised for Gillingham just before half time with a shot from outside the area.
Lee Martin secured the three points for Gillingham with fifteen minutes left to play with a well struck volley from inside the area.
Dale pressed hard late on but Gillingham held on to leave Rochdale anchored second bottom of the table, seven points adrift of safety, and in desperate need of win.
Gillingham: Holy, Neill, Ehmer, Zakuani, Garmston (Ogilvie - 70 mins), Byrne, Wagstaff (List - 45 mins), Hessenthaler, Martin, Parker, Eaves
Substitutes: Nelson, Lacey, Wilkinson, Ogilvie, Nugent, Oldaker, List
Rochdale: Lillis, Daniels, McNulty, Ntlhe (Knott - 70 mins), Cannon, Camps, Kitching, Bunney (McGahey - 84 mins), Henderson, Done (Inman - 71 mins), Andrew
Substitutes: Rafferty, McGahey, Rathbone, Inman, Moore, Adshead, Knott
Referee: Lee Swabey
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader accused of breaking the ‘Code of Conduct for Councillors’
- 2Rochdale responds to council leader’s threat
- 3Letter: Formal complaint against Councillor Brett
- 4Man who abused young girls throughout the 90s has been jailed
- 5Council Leader’s comments ‘are serious threat to democracy’, says Councillor Dearnley