Rugby Union: Littleborough Rugby Union Colts
Date published: 28 February 2018
Try scorer George Roberts, Littleborough Rugby Union Colts
Six tries, including two from George Roberts, ensured Littleborough Colts made the next round of the Lancashire Cup at the expense of Preston Grasshoppers.
Pre-match the game was expected to be a close affair, on the contrary it was anything but when Littleborough Colts struck with three early tries from fly half turned centre George Roberts, Oliver Bailey and Jordan Clarkey.
Preston Grasshoppers piled the pressure on and Littleborough were penalised for high tackles and ill-discipline at the ruck, leading to Hoppers finding a way back into the game with two tries.
Littleborough replied with further tries from prop Jack Wilson, Josh Jones and a second from George Roberts.
With two conversions from Will Armour and a man-of-the-match display from his brother Jon Armour, the game was seen out by the Colts.
Coach Michael Fletcher was delighted with the effort and quality in his team’s performance, he said: “We worked hard, made a good platform and made the ball available for some real creative plays and scored some great tries. We mixed it up a bit and utilised our bench well to keep the team fresh and get everyone plenty of game time.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tram services along the Rochdale via Oldham line suspended after windows smashed
- 2Town Centre Public Space Protection Order to be implemented at end of June
- 3Manchester Airport confirms charges for dropping-off
- 4Motorcyclist suffers possible life-changing injuries following collision
- 5Wardleworth youngsters make a record-breaking difference