Sailing: Active weekend for Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 16 May 2018
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Another active weekend at the lake saw a training session for a small group of GP14s on Saturday 12 May.
Coach Neil Marsden kept the 10 sailors entertained with wisdom and technical expertise off the water in the morning as the wind failed to appear. In the afternoon, a fickle breeze allowed technique exercises to be undertaken on the water.
On Sunday 13 May, there were 18 GP14s and five Scorpion dinghies competing for their respective prizes. The Scorpions mainly came from Pennine SC (over the hill), with one boat from Llandudno.
Steve Walker and Jerry Hannabus were the clear winners.
After the hard work of training others, Neil Marsden, with crew Derick Hill, from Blackpool dominated the racing in the GP14s. Of the local sailors, Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies finished in third place overall, ahead of Club Commodore, Andy Carter with his wife Elmarie. Steve Crook and Les Bithell also had good results.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Man charged with murder of a woman
- 3Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad