Shocking News, More Closures!
Posted By: Jean Ashworth
Date Posted: 22/11/2010
Once again the Pennine Acute have sent out some shocking news via a memo to managers at the Infirmary regarding “Urgent Financial Recovery Measures” which was a question I asked the Chief Executive John Saxby at the public meeting on the 4th November at Rochdale Town Hall and he denied.This weekend a memo was sent to senior managers
Urgent Financial Recovery Measures 12/11/2010
Winter Planning- there will be no additional non-recurrent funding made available for Winter pressures other than a small sum for two specific schemes as agreed with the Director of Operations.
Discharge Lounges- the Discharge Lounges both at NMGH and Fairfield (part of ward 21) will be closed temporarily with effect from 1st December2010 until the end of the financial year
Temporary Bed Closures – Based on an assessment of activity and bed occupancy, the division will be temporarily closing the following beds
5 Beds on Ward 30 at Fairfield (reducing to 10 beds only)
3 Beds on Coronary Care Unit Rochdale Infirmary (reducing the unit to 4 beds only)
6 Beds on Bay 1 Medical Admissions Unit Rochdale Infirmary (reducing it to 24 beds)
All will be closed on or before 1st December 2010 and will remain closed until March 2011.
Other Closures – The Programmed Investigation Unit at Rochdale Infirmary will be downsized from 1st January2011 the unit will move from a 5 day with overnight cover to 3 days and no overnight cover.
It is my opinion that this is taking away local provision of hospital care and is a Human Rights issue for the most vulnerable of people in our borough, the elderly and the sick. Who I feel are being left in an unsafe environment without adequate measures being put in place on the removal of these services.
This weekend there were no Paediatric beds available anywhere in the Pennine Acute all the childrens wards are Full in all 4 hospitals.
If this is not putting the people in this Borough at serious risk then I ask what is?
More Entries By Jean Ashworth
- My reasons to leave. Date posted: 22/11/2011
- Broken Promises ! Date posted: 04/09/2011
- A worrying future. Date posted: 06/06/2011
- Some worrying & frightening facts! Date posted: 17/05/2011
- To harsh and far to severe Date posted: 09/02/2011
- My Report to Council Health Overview & Scrutiny Date posted: 28/01/2011
- A full Circle Date posted: 22/12/2010
- Thank You Date posted: 09/11/2010
- What Future? Date posted: 08/10/2010
- Reconfiguration to suit WHO? Date posted: 22/09/2010
- Goodbye to an old Friend. Date posted: 06/09/2010
- Hard Hit ! Date posted: 23/08/2010
- Friends of Our Hospital Date posted: 23/07/2010
- Cannabis farm raided in Rochdale Date posted: 14/07/2010
- A&E 6pm-8am Premature Closure! Date posted: 10/07/2010
- Blame the Council! Date posted: 21/06/2010
- Lets get on with it! Date posted: 07/06/2010
- Old friends Date posted: 30/05/2010
- Another election over thank goodness! Date posted: 20/05/2010
- Open and Honest ! Date posted: 04/04/2010
- Run The Race Date posted: 17/03/2010
- Health Trusts Efficiency Drive Date posted: 05/03/2010
- Magic Wand, If only ? Date posted: 19/01/2010
- My Report to Council Date posted: 15/01/2010
- Be Aware! Date posted: 30/12/2009
- Credit were it is due Date posted: 20/12/2009
- A difficult decision Date posted: 17/12/2009
- A Special Event Date posted: 10/12/2009
- End Violence Against Women Campaign Date posted: 22/11/2009