Salary, Dependent On Experience
We have an exciting vacancy for a Quality Inspector our client located in the Dukinfield area, who specialises in the textile industry. Established over 90 years ago, professionals in manufacturing and producing quality unique products and located in 7 countries this is a company that has a very exciting future.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Patrol Inspection.
- Ability to carry out checks in all departments.
- Checking and verifying all documents are completed and are in accordance with procedures.
- Report any products that do not comply with regulations/procedures.
- Goods in quality checks.
- Check drawings being used are correct version.
- Ensure all raw materials are stored in line with regulations and are clearly marked with CS product code and batch at all times, raise any concerns.
- Ensure all Templates/Gauges and Master Samples in the production area are labelled.
- Ensure all WIP in the production and storage areas are clearly marked.
- Ensure all production and storage areas are kept tidy and 6s is followed.
- Ensure that all running machines have a WO’s (Working Orders) and that they are complete (Drawing, knitting spec etc.)
- Ensure that all WO’s instructions are being adhered to and the process performed according to the SOP’s Process Flow and Control Plan.
- Final inspections
- Report and product issues should they arise.
- Continuously improving activities.
- Maintaining the Quality Management System through planning internal audits to meet the requirements of the certification bodies.
- Control of Quarantined products.
- Reporting of any products that are found outside of calibration dates.
- Maintaining records of inspection and testing including SPC.
- Daily inspection of manufacturing activities.
- Responsible for one’s own health and safety and that of others.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work on your own or part of a team
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience in a similar position
Unfortunately due to a high number of applicants we will only be contacting those that are shortlisted for this position.