Whitham Mills Engineering Ltd is an ISO quality assured company, providing a comprehensive range of highly-efficient, reliable and profitable recycling equipment. Our products range from bespoke conveyors to conventional shredders, providing recycling systems to the whole of the United Kingdom and abroad to International clients.
The business is looking for an energetic Apprentice to join its friendly team in Middleton. The role is varied and will include assisting the design manager with CAD and several operational administration support activities.
Duties to include:
- Compiling technical documents and drawings using CAD packages
- Ordering materials
- Administration duties
- Working closely with the manufacturing teams to ensure they have the correct products on time
- Control materials throughout the building
- Ensure the correct paperwork is completed
- Develop, implement, monitor, and review all ISO related data and documentation
- Ensure teams review and update their documents regularly
- Attend ISO review meetings
- Collect and compile data
- Maintain all audit records, metrics, correct any non-conformances found during audits
- Any administrative tasks as required
As an apprentice you will initially gain an understanding of the scope and requirements for any project within the drawing office by working closely with skilled drawing office staff.
Duties to include:
- Prepare technical drawings and assemblies (2d initially) that will be used within manufacturing
- Liaising closely with the drawing office team, purchasing and production
- Progress reports and drawing completion timelines detailed to the drawing office team
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve department operations, by decreasing turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work well in a team
- The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, keen to learn and work well in a team
- Excellent time keeping
- Good mathematical knowledge
- A positive attitude to work in an Engineering environment
- Able to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Hard working
- Good work ethic
- An interest in things mechanical or experience regarding engineering would be beneficial
- GSCE or equivalent in maths, English and ICT (Grade A-C) (9-4)
What happens next;
- You will attend our training centre in Rochdale (OL16 5NA) to take our aptitude assessment (this is also where your training will take place)
- Your CV is then sent to potential employers
- The employer decides who they want to interview/employ
How we will support you;
Full training and support will be provided by Rochdale Training Association to help you attain your Apprenticeship and progress. Our Engineering tutors will visit you in your place of work to fully support you.
Can you get to RTA/employers site?
If you will be using public transport visit Traveline on https://www.traveline.info/ to find out the time it will take you and the best routes.