An exciting new position has become available for general operative to join the team of a manufacturing client based in the Hyde area. Ideal candidate will be working on a Temp to Perm basis with immediate start available.
The main purpose of your role will be to produce and press fibre pads from slurry, for use as support mats in exhaust systems with excellent opportunities to advance in a rapidly expanding operation.
Other duties will include:
- Answer to process manager and batch controller / team leader.
- Setting up and preparing machinery and ingredients for production.
- Observing and recording, meter and instrument readings and making necessary adjustments.
- Accurately load slurry into former as per order specification.
- Form and remove pads from former, ensuring no damage occurs.
- Press formed pads as per recipe and dependant on base weight and order specifications.
- Safely load and unload pads into the press.
- Press formed pads using recipe described in works orders.
- Carry out quality control tests as per specifications.
- Ensure pressed pads are boxed and correctly labelled ready for cutting.
- Aid batch controller as per request.
- Cleaning and wash down of equipment as per requirements.
- Wear / use allocated PPE.
- Conform to COSHH and safe working procedures.
- Report problems with production or process to team leader / manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Training will be ongoing and in line with increasing responsibilities within the plant.
- GCSE science and maths D and above.
- Experience in a chemical process environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working in a chemical environment so must have an appreciation for COSHH.
- Some physical work and lifting will be involved.
- The ability to follow instructions as per plant / equipment specifications.
- The ability and willingness to learn and think on your feet.
If you feel you have the right skills for the job, we would love to hear from you!
For more information, please give Ashlea a call on (phone number removed).
Please note, due to the high amount of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.