Edmund Bell Textiles is a well-established textiles company based on Kingsway Industrial Park in Rochdale.
To work as an Apprentice in a busy fabric warehouse environment, focusing mainly on assisting with collating fabric samples and dispatching the goods within the UK and abroad.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To learn the various sample products that are available, for example; pattern cards, pattern books and pattern hangers and how to despatch on a daily basis using SB Client
- To learn how to use the cutting machine to produce C5 and C4 fabric samples, to help keep stock levels at a maintained level
- To learn how to use the fabric drill to punch holes into fabric ready for sampling product ranges together
- To learn about the handle of various fabrics, the coating of them, to check that the colour matches up against the standard and that the samples in stock are up to date against this standard
- To learn about the different types of fabrics that are on stock, from Blackout to Woven fabrics and to learn the different product codes for each skew
- To understand how woven fabrics are produced and faults that are likely to be found, such as weaving faults, dropped ends and dropped picks
- To understand how supplier fabric samples are approved
- To understand what processes are in place for the arrival of new products; i.e. To produce new cuttings of these items, to input them onto the system and generate labels for them
- To ensure a high level of packaging of the goods is used so that the goods arrive in excellent condition
Full training will be provided.
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions.
- Good standard of understanding of computers
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate reliability and time keeping skills
- Must have a good attention to detail and presentation
- A good standard of maths and English
Potential progression onto the Level 3 apprenticeship and full support to move into more senior positions for the right candidate.
Things to consider
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered.
All employees are expected to maintain good H & S standards at all times.