FVS Limited based in Rochdale, Greater Manchester are looking to recruit a full time Sprinkler Design Manager to lead our design team alongside Project Managers and Directors.
We are a family owned and run business since 1982 and pride ourselves on the excellent reputation we have achieved over the last 38 years.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a busy team within a growing company with future career progression opportunities.
The ideal candidate will already be leading a design team or will be a design engineer with sufficient experience and motivation to be able to take the next step.
Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience and a company car or car allowance will be offered.
- Responsible for managing the workload of the design team and, in turn, delivering accurate detailed design drawings and hydraulic calculations for each project.
- Ensure all designs meet clients and insurers requirements and are in accordance with BS EN 12845 LPC rules or FM data sheets.
- Responsible for the development and training of the design team – should be able to motivate and mentor people.
- Procurement of materials, equipment and fabricated pipework.
- Carry out full hand over of the design to project engineers, including visiting site to run through the required works.
- Attending site to review any design changes against necessary standards and advising on correct course of action.
- Certification of completed work and commissioning, including production of as-fitted information and O&M manuals.
- Assist estimating teams in order to assess the correct sprinkler requirements for new works to ensure accurate costings and estimates are submitted.
- Assist with all technical queries relating to design and knowledge of the necessary rules/standards.
- Carry out Hazard Reviews/Risk Surveys on existing sites.
- Thorough knowledge of the LPC Rules/FM Datasheets, including LPCB competence exams in basic and/or intermediate and/or FHC.
- Conversant with AutoCAD in order to work on drawings in conjunction with the design team.
- Conversant carrying out full hydraulic calculations using Canute software.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and able to motivate teams and individuals.
- Ability to manage small teams working on both the design side and the installation side of the project.
- Computer literate and comfortable with Microsoft office
- Willing to support other departments for servicing and maintenance, small works, sales and marketing.
- Reliable and hard working.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Please call us on 01706 848 599 to discuss further or see our website: www.fvslimited.co.uk
You will receive 20 days holiday per annum, plus 8 x Bank Holidays and the Christmas shut down.
Hours of work are 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.