Our client is a major European group with global leadership in their specialist markets. With a reputation for quality, technical excellence, innovation and service, the group employs over 35,000 people in 28 countries delivering a diverse range of innovative technological solutions.
Reporting directly to the Manufacturing Co-ordinator, your key task will be to control the day to day Goods Receiving and Despatch functions, maintenance of the warehouse environment - safety and housekeeping, including waste management and to provide general support to production operations.
Working hours are 35.5 hours per week, working an attractive dayshift pattern with no lates or nights.
You would work :-
6.00am - 2.00pm
7.00am - 3.00pm
8.00am - 4.00pm
Key deliverables will include:
- Management of the incoming goods schedule, accuracy of documentation and appropriate orderly storage.
- Working closely with Business Services, preparation of goods prior to despatch to customers, ensuring the accuracy of documentation and vehicle loading.
- Accountability for the safe storage and accessibility of materials in the warehouse area.
- Comply with Work Instructions, Risk Assessments and Procedures. You would also have the opportunity to contribute to updates and reviews of these working procedures.
- Provide support for the manufacturing operation as required by the Production Team Leader servicing the production lines with materials.
- Site Waste Management, storage, collection, documentation and record keeping.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement to drive improvements in safety, quality and operational efficiency.
- To succeed, you will be self-motivated, able to think on your feet and possess good experience of operating in a warehouse environment that uses SAP, PDC or similar software applications.
- You should be competent on Microsoft Excel and Word and able to create and modify day to day documents used for management of the warehouse / logistics.
- Experienced in working safely and with an understanding of environmental requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work on your own initiative, think logically and be able to problem solve.
- Experience of driving a counterbalance Fork Lift Truck is required.
- Ability to produce accurate, timely and complete reporting information utilising various data sources and computer systems.
- Excellent team working and communication skills, able to work closely with Supply Chain, Business Services, Production, Quality and R&D teams.
- Strong organisational ability, with good time management skills and able to pay attention to detail.