We are currently seeking an experienced HGV Mechanic for one of our longest standing clients, based just outside of Manchester. £25,000 - £30,000 per annum.
This is a really exciting position which offers long term stability and development opportunities.
Pay rates for this role are as follows:
Sat & Sun: £16.81
Bank Holidays: £20ph
On-call (when required): + £70 per week, with an additional £20 paid for each call out
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair all types of petrol or diesel powered vehicles and plant machinery
- Conduct routine inspections, condition reports, indicating if uneconomic to repair, and pre MOT/DOT inspections as necessary
- Undertake roadworthiness inspections of vehicles & Trailers
- Diagnose vehicle defects including use of IT based diagnostic equipment
- Advise repairs required through unfair wear and tear
- Carry out general repairs and major overhauls or replacement of engines and gearboxes as required
- Attend vehicle breakdowns and conduct roadside repairs as necessary
- Carry out basic automotive electrical work
- Carry out gas and electric welding as necessary
- Co-ordinate the scheduling of repairs and ordering/receiving of parts etc.
- Carry out modifications that may be necessary to meet operational requirements, including any fabrication work and adaptations to equipment in accordance with directions
- Complete vehicle log sheets and fuel returns etc. for vehicles used or on standby
- Complete all documentation including inspection sheets, certificates, receipts and signing as appropriate
- Participate in the training of apprentices and pass on the necessary training information and skills
- Any other tasks or responsibilities deemed appropriate to the role by line management
Essential knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation including LOLER
- Knowledge of road transport law
- City and guilds motor technicians or equivalent
- A full driving licence and LGV1 licence is desirable but not essential
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.