We have an opportunity for an inspired, experienced, qualified cook to join our Fisherfield Childcare team at our Bury College Nursery, Parliment Street, Bury, BL9 0TE.
This involves catering for a number of young children with various dietary requirements and of various ages, from three months old up to five years old.
The vacancy, at minimum, requires a Basic Food Hygiene certification.
*Working 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am - 1pm, on a permanent basis. *To be discussed further and confirmed at interview.
Do you enjoy cooking?
- Relevant food hygiene qualifications.
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of food handling policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of environmental health audits.
- A relevant and up to date First Aid qualification (training is provided)
- A professional attitude at all times & clear communication skills.
- A flexible approach to your work & a 'can do' attitude.
Are you inspired to:
- Plan, prepare and cook meals that constitute a healthy balanced diet for children aged between 3 months and 5 years old.
- Provide a catering service which meets all health and safety standards, the requirements of the setting and the needs of the children and families who attend.
- Produce healthy weekly menus that link to the seasons.
- Ensure you maintain all health and safety standards in your kitchen and inform the management of any concerns regarding these areas.
- Be constantly aware of the dietary needs of all the children in the setting.
- Have the child's interest and wellbeing in mind ensuring at all times that you meet the individual needs of the children.
- Support and take account of the children's/families cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Follow the settings weaning procedures.
- Work alongside the nursery teams to support cooking activities with the children within the setting.
- Include within menus, foods to support and reflect celebrations and festivities.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to join the team, please submit your C.V. in application.