Are you enthusiastic and willing to work hard to achieve your goal?!
Then Fisherfield Childcare is the place for you!
We are currently recruiting eager Childcare Apprentices for our nursery on Edinburgh Way in Rochdale.
Fisherfield Childcare’s Nursery provides an excellent childcare service for children ranging from three months to five years old.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be delivering amazing childcare and playwork
- You will make a difference every day in children’s life
- You will be providing an imaginative and creative programme of activities in a fun and safe environment
- You will be part of the team responsible for a wide range of activities, ensuring that children have an incredible and stimulating activity programme
Supporting children and their families
- To work collaboratively with the staff team in the planning, delivery and evaluation of high-quality learning opportunities for children.
- To implement specific programmes with individual children or small groups appropriate to their needs.
- To be fully involved in the planning and development, of interpersonal skills and to undertake activities to support the personal, social and emotional needs of children.
- To assist in the devising of children’s individual targets and the monitoring and reviewing of those targets.
- To develop positive relationships with children, parents and staff to assist children’s progress and attainment.
- To develop work that promotes the involvement of parents in their children’s learning and development.
- To record assessments for key children on a regular basis and to use documentation to engage parents in supporting children’s learning.
Supporting learning and the curriculum
- To monitor individual children’s progress and to engage parents in discussing their children’s needs achievements and concerns.
- To support children’s positive learning dispositions and the management of children’s behaviour.
- To undertake tasks as discussed in daily planning meetings.
- To provide ideas, materials and learning strategies for activities.
- To liaise with parents and outside agencies where appropriate.
- To undertake the recording of children’s achievement in partnership with their parents.
- To assist in the supervision of children on trips/visits
Training to be Provided:
- The expected patterns of children’s development from birth to 5 years and have an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7.
- A range of underpinning theories and philosophical approaches to how children learn and develop, and their influence on practice.
- How children’s learning and development can be affected by their stage of development and individual circumstances such as moving school, birth of a sibling, family breakdown and adoption and care.
- The current early education curriculum requirements such as the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- The legal requirements and guidance on health and safety, security, confidentiality of information, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- How to prevent and control infection through ways such as handwashing, food hygiene practices and dealing with spillages.
*****This is an Advanced Level 3 Apprentice role and is only available to those who already hold a level 2 childcare qualification*****