MCR Property Group buys The Wheatsheaf Shopping Centre
Date published: 06 July 2017
MCR Property Group purchase The Wheatsheaf Shopping Centre
Manchester based MCR Property Group has purchased the Wheatsheaf Shopping Centre for an undisclosed sum.
Chris Taylor, Asset Manager for MCR Property Group, commented: “The purchase of the shopping centre comes ahead of a significant shift in the retail landscape within Rochdale Town Centre.”
MCR Property Group has appointed specialist retail and leisure experts, Hynes Illingworth, alongside Richard Lucas Property Consultants as joint advisors.
Andrew Hynes co-owner at Hynes Illingworth said: “The shopping centre provides a primary covered shopping environment in the heart of Rochdale Town Centre. The scheme is well anchored, provides dedicated on-site parking and has excellent public transport links via the new Metro and Bus Transport Interchange.”
Chris Taylor added “We are in discussions with a number of exciting retail and leisure operators.”
Mark Dawson was appointed the new centre manager as of Saturday (24 June).
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Vulnerable care home residents’ safety was put at risk by lax security measures, health watchdog...
- 2Greater Manchester should move out of Tier 3 ‘as one’ – but leaders suggest boroughs could be split...
- 3Schoolchildren put Rochdale’s players and staff on the spot
- 4Modern Nails is first Wheatsheaf business to secure new premises after shopping centre closure
- 5Three local men jailed after two-year-long drug investigation