Charges of gross negligence and corporate manslaughter after the death of a man who fell from a roof
Date published: 23 January 2018
Two men and three companies have been summoned to court to face charges of gross negligence and corporate manslaughter after the death of a man who fell from a roof in Rochdale.
Kenneth Drake, 54, was working for Roofing Consultants Limited (RCL), replacing a roof on Thursday 24 January 2015 when he fell. He died as a result of his injuries.
Richard Lennon, (26/06/1978) and Mark Francis Bray, (17/05/1971) both from Warrington, have both been summoned to Manchester City Magistrates’ on Tuesday 23 January.
Roofing Consultants Limited (RCL) has been summoned to face charges of corporate manslaughter.
Abbey Architectural Ironmongery Company Limited and High Ridge Roofing Solutions Limited, have been summonsed with offences under the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
A joint investigation was launched between Greater Manchester Police and the Health and Safety Executive.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted