Littleborough Lidl store gets go ahead
Date published: 12 July 2018
Lidl store gets go ahead
A new Lidl supermarket will be built on Stockton Street in Littleborough, following permission by planning officers at Rochdale Borough Council being granted.
The supermarket first revealed in January that it wanted to open a new store in Littleborough, as part of its ongoing expansion ambitions within the UK, and construction will start on site in the next few weeks with a view to opening the store early next year.
The supermarket will feature facilities including an instore bakery, customer toilets and ample parking for both cars and bicycles.
Lidl UK’s Regional Head of Property, Nick Harvey, commented: “We could not be more delighted to have received a unanimous decision from the council to build our new store, and look forward to getting started on construction.
"I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the local community for their continued support, and very much look forward to opening our doors and offering our fresh, quality, great value products in the not too distant future.”
The planned store in Littleborough will add to Lidl’s existing store portfolio of 710, and will form part of the company’s growth plans which will see it open up to 50 new stores a year.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 2Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 3Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know
- 4Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 5New out-of-hours support for mental health launched at Rochdale Infirmary