New menswear store in Rochdale
Date published: 22 November 2018
Buckley Menswear, on the historic South Parade
A brand new high end menswear store has opened in Rochdale town centre.
Phil Buckley, owner of Buckley Menswear, has styled a new base on the historic South Parade, overlooking the re-opened River Roch in the heart of the town centre conservation area.
Phil Buckley said: “The town centre is really moving forward. The market has just opened, new eating and drinking places like The Medicine Tap are really popular and I’m in a great spot right near the re-opened river and the town hall. This is one of the nicest properties in town and, with the new leisure and retail development opening in 2020, I feel like I’ve got in at a really good time.”
The store will stock labels including Gant, Mac jeans, Gibson London and Herbie Frogg.
Councillor Allen Brett, leader of Rochdale Borough Council, said: “It’s great to welcome yet another great business to Rochdale town centre with the help of our small business support package. Buckley Menswear will bring yet more life to the beautiful historic area around the re-opened river, which also boasts a brand-new indoor market hall, which opened last week.
“Phil’s decision to put significant investment into this heritage property and create new jobs is a real vote of confidence in the rapidly changing Rochdale town centre and I wish him every success with his fantastic new venture.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 4Volunteers at Hopwood Hall Estate learn the craft of renovating its historic leaded glass windows
- 5Bev Yarwood is named as new president of Rotary Middleton