The tastes of southern Italy comes to Middleton
Date published: 04 January 2019
A New Year and a new café comes to the Middleton Shopping Centre.
Café Salento, opens in the Centre on Monday (7 January). Inspired by their homeland Salento in Southern Italy, Café Salento is a family-run business passionate about great quality food and drink.
The new café is located on the second floor between Retro Hair and ALL Season with Carol.
“As the coffee culture is an essential part of Italian life, we will be offering a wide range of coffees to suit each palate,” says Roberto Vergine, owner of Café Salento.
“For the non coffee lovers, we have an excellent range of speciality teas by Teapigs as well as more traditional variations.”
“Additionally,” continues Roberto, “our passion for baking comes from the traditional Italian “Pasticceria” blended with the influences of English baking, bringing a mixture of delights such as almond biscuits, Victoria sponge cakes and much more.”
Café Salento also offers a unique style of sweet and savoury crepes and Café Salento believe that their Italian version of these sweet delicacies will be sure to make their customers’ mouth water.
To make sure that the menu is always exciting, there will also be a weekly specials board giving their customers the chance to try out other tasty Italian treats.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences
- 2Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 3Heywood woman one of the first charged during drink and drug driving campaign
- 4Former taxi driver prosecuted after driving without a licence and insurance
- 5Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home