New café opens in former Wells Bakery
Date published: 17 January 2019
Wells Cafe, Oldham Road
A new café has opened at the former Wells Bakery on Oldham Road in Welfield on Friday (11 January).
Wells Café, run by sisters Karen Atkinson and Andrea Scowcroft, occupies the shop part of the former bakery at 323 - 325 Oldham Road, which has lain unused since 2015, and underwent an extensive refurbishment ahead of its opening.
The café offers a variety of fresh breads, daily specials, hot and cold sandwiches, full breakfasts, vegetarian options, children’s sandwiches and packed lunches, soup, plus fruit and vegetable bags.
Karen said: “We both fancied a career change; I worked in palliative care for dementia patients and Andrea used to run a café. The area is short of big cafés and the building had been empty for a while.
“My husband has always wanted me to do this, and our friends and family have been so supportive.”
Wells Café is open seven days a week, offering both sit in and takeaway options and free parking is available outside and to the side of the building.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections