New café opens in Wardle village
Date published: 29 January 2019
Charlie's Café owner Tracy Charlson (centre) and mum Margaret are welcomed to Wardle village by Julian Farnell
A new coffee and cake shop, Charlie’s Café, has opened in the heart of Wardle.
Opening a café has been the lifelong ambition of owner Tracy Charlson, a former teaching assistant, who has lived in the village since she was a child. The coffee shop is named after her beloved cocker spaniel, Charlie, and is definitely dog-friendly with water bowls and treats for customers’ pooches.
Tracy said: “I have always thought Wardle needs somewhere where you can sit down for a coffee or tea and a bite to eat. There was nowhere in the village.
“I plucked up the courage and worked hard to get the place up and running. Local people have been fantastic and very supportive. We’re open seven days a week and are really busy. We also get a lot of walkers and cyclists heading for nearby Watergrove Reservoir.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale
- 5Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history