New café opens in Wardle village
Date published: 29 January 2019
Charlie's Café owner Tracy Charlson (centre) and mum Margaret are welcomed to Wardle village by Julian Farnell
A new coffee and cake shop, Charlie’s Café, has opened in the heart of Wardle.
Opening a café has been the lifelong ambition of owner Tracy Charlson, a former teaching assistant, who has lived in the village since she was a child. The coffee shop is named after her beloved cocker spaniel, Charlie, and is definitely dog-friendly with water bowls and treats for customers’ pooches.
Tracy said: “I have always thought Wardle needs somewhere where you can sit down for a coffee or tea and a bite to eat. There was nowhere in the village.
“I plucked up the courage and worked hard to get the place up and running. Local people have been fantastic and very supportive. We’re open seven days a week and are really busy. We also get a lot of walkers and cyclists heading for nearby Watergrove Reservoir.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Breaking: Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 2Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 3Rochdale has one of the lowest disability-free life expectancy rates in the country
- 4Entry fee introduced for Feel Good Festival and plans for new free family event revealed
- 5Zen recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work