Nominations open for the Finance Awards North West
Date published: 22 May 2019
Finance Awards North West
Businesses from across the region can now submit entries for the prestigious Finance Awards North West.
Returning for the second year, the Finance Awards North West is the only accolade of its kind to recognise the work and achievements of the region’s top finance professionals and businesses.
Bigger than ever, the awards will feature new categories – Diversity in Finance and Financial Controller of the Year - as well as the hotly contested annual competition for Rising Star of the Year, Finance Team of the Year and Innovation in Finance.
Finance Awards North West 2019 categories:
- Finance Director of the Year (less than £25m turnover)
- Finance Director of the Year (£25 - £100m turnover)
- Finance Director of the Year (over £100m turnover)
- Rising Star of the Year (Non/Part Qualified)
- Rising Star of the Year (Qualified)
- Finance Team of the Year (small – up to 5 members)
- Finance Team of the Year (medium – 6-19 members)
- Finance Team of the Year (large – 20 + members)
- Financial Controller of the Year (less than £100m turnover)
- Financial Controller of the Year (£100m+ turnover)
- Shared Service Centre of the Year
- Innovation in Finance
- Diversity in Finance
Applicants will be judged by a panel of industry leaders in the region - last year this included Premier Foods, The Alchemist, and Carrington Textiles.
Lucy Bisset, Director of Robert Walters Manchester, commented: “The number of entries increases each year and is testament to the regions burgeoning finance sector. To be able to highlight the best diversity initiatives, innovation, or just an individuals or teams hard work is important now more than ever in what has been a tough and uncertain year for the UK as a whole.
“As always, I look forward to seeing the impressive entries and it never fails to amaze me the amount of passion, hard work and dedication that is taking place within the finance industry locally.”
Jill Jones, Regional Managing Partner at RSM, said: “The Finance Awards North West is the perfect forum to acknowledge and celebrate key achievements of regional businesses and individuals that are excelling in what is an extremely strong financial sector. We look forward to seeing the quality, innovation and diversity on show this year.”
Julie Radcliffe, President of ICAEW Manchester, added: “ICAEW Manchester is delighted to be returning partners on these awards. Our members are supporting business and helping enterprise to thrive, day in-day out.
“To be able to highlight the contribution our members make to the business community across the North West in these uncertain times is more important than ever.
“Last year’s entries demonstrated outstanding talent, passion, resilience, innovation and hard work – I very much look forward to seeing the 2019 entries.”
The ceremony – hosted in partnership with ICAEW Manchester and RSM - will take place on Thursday 17 October in Manchester and will see over 500 professionals from the region gather to celebrate the outstanding achievements of the regions business and finance community.
Deadline for entries is Friday 5 July 2019.
Entries should be submitted at:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 2Vehicle overturns at major junction in Rochdale
- 3Travel advice for Courteeners gig at Heaton Park
- 4Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial
- 5A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...