Search begins for North West's most outstanding small businesses and self-employed people
Date published: 01 August 2019
FSB North West Chair Chris Manka
The search is on for the North West’s most outstanding small businesses and self-employed people.
The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) is today (Thursday 1 August) beginning its search for the best small businesses in the North West as entries open for the FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020. There are around 544,000 small businesses and self-employed in the region.
Twelve award categories this year include the Wellbeing in Small Business Award, building on FSB's successful work in advocating measures to improve wellbeing and mental health for the self-employed, small business owners and their employees.
Chris Manka, FSB Regional Chair for the North West, said: “For a chance to be recognised as amongst the best small businesses in the North West as well as in the whole UK, I’d encourage all small businesses to enter the FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards.
“SMEs are a vital part of the North West – contributing so much to the economy and making our region a more exciting place in which to live, work, study and visit. The awards give everyone the opportunity to join us in celebrating that.”
The 2019 North West Area winners included an IT recycling business, a care home and an innovative e-learning platform provider.
The 2020 area winners for the North West will be announced at an award ceremony on Friday 28 February 2020 held at The Midland Hotel in Manchester.
These winners, with the exception of the Community Business Award which is area level only, will then go forward to the UK final of the FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020, held in London, on 21 May 2020.
The 12 FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020 categories are:
- Wellbeing in Small Business Award
- Environmental Business of the Year
- Digital/E-commerce Business of the Year
- Sole Trader of the Year
- High Growth Business of the Year
- Micro-business of the Year
- Start-up Business of the Year
- Young Entrepreneur (aged 30 and under)
- Business and Product Innovation Award
- Family Business of the Year
- International Business of the Year
- Community Business of the Year (area level only)
For further information and to enter the awards visit www.fsbawards.co.uk
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 2 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 3Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know
- 4Fury over pay rises for RBH executives
- 5Pedestrian taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision