GC Business Growth Hub to host series of Brexit planning events for SMEs
Date published: 27 September 2019
GC Business Growth Hub to hold free Brexit planning events
SME businesses are invited to a series of Brexit support events being held across Greater Manchester next month.
Organised by GC Business Growth Hub and participating local authorities, the events have been designed for SME business owners who are seeking Brexit business support and advice.
The fully funded events will cover different topic areas relevant for businesses. GC Business Growth Hub advisers and partners will deliver a key note address and be on hand for business owners to ask questions and receive advice on a range of areas where they may need to make changes ahead of Brexit on 31 October.
GC Business Growth Hub, part of The Growth Company, is organising the events in conjunction with each local authority areas. Event partners include: Department of International Trade, North West; Squire Patton Boggs; and Moneycorp.
GC Business Growth Hub Director of Business Growth Richard Jeffery said: “We understand that many SME businesses from a variety of sectors will have many questions and concerns about what they need to do to ensure they are Brexit ready.
“We are encouraging SME business owners to attend these sessions to help make sure they are as prepared as they can be, from support for their specific business challenges, through to understanding how a no-deal Brexit may impact. It is our priority to ensure SME businesses in the Greater Manchester area have the help they need to get ready for Brexit.”
A different topic will be covered at each session, including:
- Exporting into the EU – goods & services – what do we need to know?
- Attracting the right workforce – immigration changes & settlement scheme
- Thriving through rapid change environments – strategic planning
- Structuring UK business in the EU
The event at Rochdale Town Hall on Tuesday 1 October 2019 will cover 'How will we contract with EU customers – what will change?'.
The events will also highlight the key tools and processes businesses can use as part of their financial planning, as well as highlighting other sources of advice.
To book onto the Rochdale event and to view the full range of topics being covered at sessions across Greater Manchester visit the GC Business Growth Hub web site:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale neighbours celebrate lottery win
- 2Former Westlife singer Brian McFadden covers costs of staging Christmas show raising money for...
- 3Body of a 61-year-old man found inside Kirkholt home
- 4‘100 per cent affordable’ homes plan for former pub site
- 5Estate plan for ‘world’s oldest cotton mill’ site are set for approval