Hairdresser buys Bamford barbers she has worked at for 20 years
Date published: 14 November 2020
Sarah Sweetmore (left) with her team at Bamford Barbers
Bamford Barbers on Bury Road has announced a management takeover by long time manager Sarah Sweetmore and partner Marijke Cadwallader.
Sarah started work at the barbers as a Saturday girl and has been working at the barbers for nearly 20 years
The management pair have hinted at exciting things coming in the future, including a blue-light card and Defence card scheme to give discounts to both members of the NHS and the armed forces.
Sarah has said: “The customers have been absolutely brilliant in how they have supported us through this lockdown, and haven’t left us.”
Despite not being able to do its usual shoebox appeal this year due to Covid-19, Bamford Barbers is giving back to the community in other ways, including a special needs hour for people with mental and physical disabilities to come anytime, starting in January.
Despite the difficult times, Sarah is determined the business will go from strength to strength, and is working in conjunction with Bury College to provide new apprenticeships and job opportunities.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Enjoy 50% off social media’s famous ‘monster’ kebab – as BadBoy Kebabs comes to Sudden
- 2Festive markets at Rochdale Riverside this December
- 3Remembering Chloe Cockton for milestone 21st birthday
- 4Final journey for last Pacer train after more than three decades’ service
- 5Council leader calls for ‘urgent levelling up’ of coronavirus support