Five days left to submit November furlough claims
Date published: 09 December 2020
HM Revenue & Customs furlough portal
Just five days remain for employers to submit any November Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme claims.
The extended version of the scheme now has monthly claim deadlines: employers must submit any claims for November no later than 14 December.
CJRS claims must now be submitted within 14 calendar days after the month they relate to, unless this falls on a weekend in which case the deadline is the next weekday, and employers will need to remember to get their claims in on time.
- Check if they’re eligible and work out how much they can claim using the CJRS calculator and examples, by searching 'Job Retention Scheme' on GOV.UK.
- Submit any claims for November, no later than 14 December.
- Keep any records that support the amount of CJRS grant they claim, in case HMRC needs to check them
Employers and employees do not need to have used the scheme already to make a claim now.
Those applying for the first time will need:
- a Government Gateway (GG) ID and password – if you don’t already have a GG account, you can apply for one on GOV.UK by searching for 'HMRC services: sign in or register'
- to be enrolled for PAYE online
- the following information for each furloughed employee you’ll be claiming for:
National Insurance number
claim period and amount
An HMRC spokesperson said: “Monthly deadlines ensure the impact of Coronavirus on businesses and individuals and the support the scheme is providing can be regularly evaluated.
“Employers will still be able to claim in advance of paying their staff and they can claim before, during or after they process their payroll as long as their claim is submitted by the relevant claim deadline. HMRC guidance has information on how to calculate claims and support is available for employers to help get them get their claims right.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.