Industry experts offer free online advice to support disabled staff
Date published: 22 February 2021
The 30-minute webinars, supported by Microsoft, are being led by industry experts from companies that have been awarded Disability Confident Leader status
Free specialist online teach-ins for employers wanting to better support disabled staff in their roles are being run by business leaders.
The 30-minute webinars, supported by Microsoft, are being led by industry experts from companies that have been awarded Disability Confident Leader status and will run through February, March and April. They cover key issues including mental health and well-being, remote working and virtual hiring.
Minister for Disabled People Justin Tomlinson said: “Our focus is on protecting, supporting and creating jobs for people from all backgrounds through our £30bn Plan for Jobs, and specialist programmes like Access to Work.
“We understand employers are committed to having inclusive workplaces and supporting disabled people to thrive – but often aren’t sure where to start or how to improve. Our Disability Confident sessions will provide guidance and insight on how they can ensure their recruitment practice is accessible as well as how to support employees with a disability or health condition.”
All employers are welcome to attend the webinars, which are designed to provide guidance and advice on supporting disabled people in the workplace, including in a virtual setting, through the pandemic and when returning to the office.
Professor Amanda Kirby, CEO of Do-It Solutions, hosts the sessions and delivers advice on assistive technologies.
Professor Amanda Kirby said: “The webinars have been extremely successful in providing employers with practical strategies to support the recruitment and retention of disabled people. Please register to save your place.”
Disability Confident is a Government scheme to support and encourage employers to have diverse and inclusive workplaces.
For information on the webinars and how to register, visit: https://doitprofiler.com/dwp-webinars/
Upcoming free webinar sessions
Thursday 4 March - Mental Health & Wellbeing in the workplace during and post Covid-19. Practical line manager support.
- To register visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gNIMC2PuRjycgS1I4fa6aA
Thursday 11 March - Neurodiversity – language and communication-based challenges.
- To register visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_LkXQ-NNYRpC4wxFkpTLNDA
Thursday 25 March - Inclusive recruitment practice to support disabled applicants.
- To register visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QgjaT4kWS_6JTmTr3EQOAg
Thursday 1 April - Recognising the talent of disabled people and maximising opportunities for progression.
- To register visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_h96BXUo5Q3eK0XmzBLnb7Q
Thursday 15 April - Disability Confident and Work Programme Provider services.
- To register visit: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aIAwtDCnQbuJR5QBNMlKsw
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Lift engineer dies in "tragic accident" at Royal Oldham Hospital
- 2Man dies after falling from a building on Newgate
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 12 months in prison for leaking private photographs
- 4Plans for a university in Rochdale to stop ‘brain drain' from the borough set to take vital step...
- 5Man threatened with a firearm and assaulted with a hammer during burglary in Middleton