Storage firm Iron Mountain expands with warehouse opening at Heywood Distribution Park
Date published: 15 April 2021
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Pilsworth Road near Heywood Distribution Park
Iron Mountain Incorporated has opened a 148,000 square-foot warehouse at Heywood Distribution Park.
The warehouse will provide the firm with storage capacity for 28,000 pallets.
Founded in America in 1951, Iron Mountain is a storage and information management company, serving 230,000 customers in more than 50 countries on five continents. The business is a member of the Fortune 1000 and is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
In addition to providing services to the retail and manufacturing sectors, Iron Mountain is an approved logistics and warehousing supplier to the UK government and public sector organisations.
The fully racked, shared-user facility at Heywood Distribution Park will enable critical inventory to be managed with 'security, scale and speed'.
The warehouse is fully secured with CCTV cameras and monitored access controls. Additional services on site include container loading and unloading, as well as a range of fulfilment services such as pick and pack and product manipulation services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 2Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 3New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 4Care firm that refuses to pay the living wage blasted by MPs over latest ‘unfair’ workforce plans
- 5Funeral fundraiser organised for 2-year-old Daisy Taylor