Rochdale’s Brickcroft Social Club closes permanently
Date published: 28 May 2021
Brickcroft Social Club on High Street, Rochdale
Brickcroft Social Club has revealed it will not be re-opening its doors as Covid-19 restrictions start to ease across the borough.
Known for its entertainment including Northern Soul and Motown nights, bingo and karaoke sessions, and offering function room hire for weddings and parties, the Brickcroft was open to both members and non-members at its home on High Street, Rochdale.
Writing in the Brickcroft Social Club Facebook group, Paula Pickup said: “It is with great sadness that we announce the Brickcroft will not be re-opening.
“This is due to Covid-19, the economic climate, health issues within the team, and a large decrease in customers.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who has ever given us their custom and friendship. We wish everyone every happiness for the future.”
The Brickcroft had played host to many fundraising events over the years, including a fundraising concert following the town centre flooding in 2015 and a night of boxing to raise money for the Manchester bomb victims in 2017.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fundraiser set up for Rochdale couple after their 3-year-old son loses battle with cancer
- 2Free bulky waste collections to be introduced in Rochdale as council aims to stamp out fly-tipping
- 3New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 4Care firm that refuses to pay the living wage blasted by MPs over latest ‘unfair’ workforce plans
- 5Funeral fundraiser organised for 2-year-old Daisy Taylor