Rochdale’s Brickcroft Social Club closes permanently
Date published: 28 May 2021
Brickcroft Social Club on High Street, Rochdale
Brickcroft Social Club has revealed it will not be re-opening its doors as Covid-19 restrictions start to ease across the borough.
Known for its entertainment including Northern Soul and Motown nights, bingo and karaoke sessions, and offering function room hire for weddings and parties, the Brickcroft was open to both members and non-members at its home on High Street, Rochdale.
Writing in the Brickcroft Social Club Facebook group, Paula Pickup said: “It is with great sadness that we announce the Brickcroft will not be re-opening.
“This is due to Covid-19, the economic climate, health issues within the team, and a large decrease in customers.
“We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who has ever given us their custom and friendship. We wish everyone every happiness for the future.”
The Brickcroft had played host to many fundraising events over the years, including a fundraising concert following the town centre flooding in 2015 and a night of boxing to raise money for the Manchester bomb victims in 2017.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘We have lost an awful lot of parking space’: Businesses owners’ concerns over closure of town hall...
- 2Robber pushes pram over into road before ripping necklace from mum’s neck in broad daylight
- 3Russell’s Café moves to Yorkshire Street
- 4Huge emergency services response at River Roch in search for missing man, later found safe
- 5RSPCA on the move as Hollingworth Lake permission granted