Rochdale’s Townhead Post Office will officially move on 27 July
Date published: 19 July 2021
The current premises of Townhead Post Office at 120 Yorkshire Street
Rochdale’s Townhead Post Office will officially move a short distance up Yorkshire Street to number 142 on Tuesday 27 July at 1pm, offering a more ‘modern open-plan retail environment’.
The current branch at 120 Yorkshire Street, Rochdale will close on Monday 26 July at 2pm.
The new premises, which are currently empty, are undergoing a refurbishment to incorporate Townhead Post Office.
When open, the branch will retail cards and stationery, offer bill payment, banking services for personal customers and businesses, benefits and travel money, and the usual postage, home shopping returns, and Local Collect service.
Post Office services will be provided from two Post Office serving points alongside the retail counter.
The new premises will also have a wide door and a step at the entrance, however a bell and signage would be installed at the entrance to the new premises and a portable ramp available on request.
Internally, there will be a hearing loop and space for a wheelchair.
Opening hours will be Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm and Saturday: 9am – 12.30pm. This will be an additional 21 hours of Post Office service a week as the current branch is only open weekday mornings.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Teacher struck off after traces of files containing indecent images of children discovered on his...
- 2House every weekend at The 13ar
- 3Archaeologists at ‘Big Dig’ hope to uncover Rochdale’s Anglo-Saxon history
- 4‘Lies’, ‘hypocrisy’ and ‘red herrings’: New housing plan set to progress after bitter council row
- 5Charity and community hub in Rochdale town centre opened by Nazir Afzal