Kickstart jobs available at JD Sports Distribution Centre and Rochdale Borough Council
Date published: 20 July 2021
JD Sports Distribution Centre, Kingsway
Leading sports retailer JD Sports has around 100 Kickstart roles available at its Kingsway distribution centre to help young people into work, whilst Rochdale Borough Council also has some Kickstart vacancies.
The government’s Kickstart scheme offers financial support to businesses and organisations which employ young people, aged 16-24, who are at risk of long-term unemployment. The scheme offers a six-month full time paid work placement for young people on universal credit, with the aim of getting them vital work experience to help kickstart their careers.
JD Sports is offering roles across all shifts at its 2.4m sq ft distribution centre, incorporating various different departments including goods in, pick and pack, dispatch, engineering, control room, quality control and more.
Robyn Richards, group head of HR at JD, said: “Our Kickstart Scheme programme has already placed over 400 young people in roles nationwide with over 600 more opportunities available across retail, distribution centre and head office.
“Our Kickstarters have given fantastic feedback on how this programme has given them skills and confidence in a short space of time.”
Other employers joining JD Sports in providing Kickstart placements include Rochdale Council, Superdrug and Pets at Home, whilst The Northern Care Alliance has secured six placements at Rochdale Infirmary.
The following Kickstart roles go live with Rochdale Council on Monday 19 July:
- Trainee Digital Support Assistant, OL16 1XU
- Trainee Digital Support Assistant, M24 6DU
- Trainee Digital Support Assistant, OL10 1LL
- Trainee Early Years Assistant, OL16 1XU
- Trainee Receptionist, OL16 1XU
Please contact your Work Coach to apply for a Kickstart scheme.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man hit by car on motorway after fleeing police pursuit of ‘stolen’ vehicle is in a “serious...
- 2Five men from Heywood, Rochdale and Littleborough charged with drug offences after dawn raids
- 3Man taken to hospital after two-vehicle collision closes Howard Street, Rochdale
- 4Work begins on 420-place primary school in Littleborough
- 5Retail and hospitality jobs' fair in Rochdale town centre