11 April deadline looming to apply for Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund
Date published: 06 April 2022
Photo: Cozine - stock.adobe.com
The fund is available to businesses that have been adversely affected by Covid-19 and unable to subsequently adapt to that impact
Businesses affected by Covid-19 which are looking to apply for the Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund only have until Monday 11 April to apply.
The fund is available to businesses that have been adversely affected by Covid-19 (for any period starting on 1 April 2021 and ending on 31 March 2022) and unable to subsequently adapt to that impact.
Your business can also be considered if you didn't receive the maximum Small Business Rate Relief or the Expanded Retail Discount between 1 April 2021–31 March 2022.
You must be able to provide the following evidence of how your business has been affected and unable to adapt:
- Accounts showing your turnover before the pandemic and currently, and
- Bank statements showing your business activity before the pandemic or now
If you’re eligible, the council can award relief of up to 100% of your 2021/22 business rates bill.
The following businesses are not eligible for the Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund:
- Business who, between 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022, received the Expanded Retail Discount covering:
- Shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- Properties used for assembly and leisure
- Hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
- Businesses who have received the Nursery Discount between 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022.
- Businesses who have received 100 per cent Small Business Rate Relief between 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022.
- Unoccupied properties.
- Businesses who have exceeded maximum subsidy allowances.
- Businesses in administration, insolvent or in the process of making a proposal to strike off.
Applications must be received by midnight on Monday 11 April.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.