Shish opens café on Tweedale Street
Date published: 08 August 2023
The grand opening of Shish Café
A takeaway in Milkstone & Deeplish has expanded to provide a dine-in café under the same roof.
Shish on Tweedale Street held a grand opening of its new Shish Café on Friday 28 July, which was well attended by the local community and local councillors.
Prayers were said before a ribbon was cut by the deputy mayor of Rochdale, Councillor Shakil Ahmed, to declare the new business open.
Shish initially opened as a takeaway in May 2016 before owner Inam Ul-Haq decided to expand.
He said: “I decided to expand this two years ago with the grand opening taking place on 28 July.
“The takeaway and café operate the same hours, seven days a week.
“The grand opening was really good. Local councillors and the deputy mayor attended as did local residents and businessmen.”
Ward councillor Aiza Rashid said: “It was a very successful opening where a lot of members of the community attended and joined in on the celebration.
“As ward councillors, we have always supported local businesses in any ventures they decide upon and do our best to help them flourish. We have a wonderful curry mile in the heart of our ward and it’s always great to see more businesses opening up.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale Asda distribution drivers employed by Wincanton strike for pay parity
- 2Our Gracie's: new micro-pub serving real ale opens in Rochdale town centre
- 3Dispersal order for Rochdale town centre after ‘groups of youths’ reported to be fighting
- 4Rochdale mum co-authors best-selling Christmas Treasury storybook
- 5Concerns after one of Europe’s ‘most important wildlife sites’ in Greater Manchester turns ‘dirty...