Gilwood goes green
Date published: 08 April 2014
Phil Hargreaves Powersave Solutions, Peter Gilmartin MD Gilwood Fabrications Ltd, Colin Lambert, Leader of Rochdale Council, Iain Coates Powersave Installations and Andrew Gilmartin, Gilwood Company Accountant
Heywood based, Gilwood Fabricators, have installed LED Lighting throughout their factory and offices in a bid to help the carbon footprint and reduce their lighting costs.
Managing Director Peter Gilmartin said: "We were approached by locally based Powersave Installations and sister company Powersave Solutions to retrofit our incandescent, halogen and metal halide lights with new LED lighting, which has not only reduced our electricity costs, but also improved the overall factory lighting.”
On hand to look at the factory was leader of Rochdale Council, Councillor Colin Lambert, who said: “It is really good to see a local company taking up the green agenda and also using a local company to help them deliver both reductions in their costs and lower the carbon footprint.
"I hope more local businesses will look at what has been done here at Gilwood Fabricators and see how they have been helped by Powersave Solutions.”
Phil Hargreaves of Powersave Solutions commented: "Powersave has also recently installed LED lighting at Rochdale RUFC clubhouse and car park and over the summer will be replacing the floodlights on one of the training pitches."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 2Go North West negotiations collapse without agreement as Manchester bus strikes set to continue
- 3Police chase suspected drug dealer over two miles of moorland after car pursuit through...
- 4Rochdale woman banned from driving for two years after string of driving offences
- 5BBC Drag Race UK star from Rochdale releases debut single