Obituary: Joan Turner
Date published: 15 February 2018
Joan Turner has gone,
She has passed away.
But she wouldn't want you
To be down in any way,
She fought while alive
and she fought till the end,
She fought for her community
and that will never end.
She shouldered the burden of many a kid,
She told us where our priorities should live.
She was down with the kids and proper up to date,
She was one in a million and everybody's mate.
The thing about Joan Turner that makes her like no other, is the fact that most of us think of her as a second mother.
Peacefully on 11 February 2018, after a short illness bravely fought, Joan aged 65 years. The much loved Mum of Jane, Michael and Gemma, loving Grandma and Nanna to Daniel, Megan, Jack, Bailey, Lexie, Myles, Matilda and Reuben and a dear Great Grandma.
Funeral service to take place at Rochdale Cemetery Chapel on Friday 23 February at 2.50pm. Please wear bright colours at Joan's request. Family flowers only please, donations if desired to Ashbourne Nursing Home c/o Bridgefold Funeral Service, Mill House, Mellor Street, Rochdale, OL11 5BU, Tel 01706 639941.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Twelve people have been charged following daybreak raids in Rochdale
- 2Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 3Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home
- 4Rochdale man jailed following collision that left woman with serious injuries in...
- 5Fourteen arrests following daybreak raids in Rochdale