Obituary: Joan Turner
Date published: 15 February 2018
Joan Turner has gone,
She has passed away.
But she wouldn't want you
To be down in any way,
She fought while alive
and she fought till the end,
She fought for her community
and that will never end.
She shouldered the burden of many a kid,
She told us where our priorities should live.
She was down with the kids and proper up to date,
She was one in a million and everybody's mate.
The thing about Joan Turner that makes her like no other, is the fact that most of us think of her as a second mother.
Peacefully on 11 February 2018, after a short illness bravely fought, Joan aged 65 years. The much loved Mum of Jane, Michael and Gemma, loving Grandma and Nanna to Daniel, Megan, Jack, Bailey, Lexie, Myles, Matilda and Reuben and a dear Great Grandma.
Funeral service to take place at Rochdale Cemetery Chapel on Friday 23 February at 2.50pm. Please wear bright colours at Joan's request. Family flowers only please, donations if desired to Ashbourne Nursing Home c/o Bridgefold Funeral Service, Mill House, Mellor Street, Rochdale, OL11 5BU, Tel 01706 639941.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted