Obituary: Joan Turner
Date published: 15 February 2018
Joan Turner has gone,
She has passed away.
But she wouldn't want you
To be down in any way,
She fought while alive
and she fought till the end,
She fought for her community
and that will never end.
She shouldered the burden of many a kid,
She told us where our priorities should live.
She was down with the kids and proper up to date,
She was one in a million and everybody's mate.
The thing about Joan Turner that makes her like no other, is the fact that most of us think of her as a second mother.
Peacefully on 11 February 2018, after a short illness bravely fought, Joan aged 65 years. The much loved Mum of Jane, Michael and Gemma, loving Grandma and Nanna to Daniel, Megan, Jack, Bailey, Lexie, Myles, Matilda and Reuben and a dear Great Grandma.
Funeral service to take place at Rochdale Cemetery Chapel on Friday 23 February at 2.50pm. Please wear bright colours at Joan's request. Family flowers only please, donations if desired to Ashbourne Nursing Home c/o Bridgefold Funeral Service, Mill House, Mellor Street, Rochdale, OL11 5BU, Tel 01706 639941.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 3Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 4Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale