Obituary: Gaetano Timpani
Date published: 06 May 2019
1 December 1942 - 23 April 2019
Gaetano came from Naples to Rochdale as a young boy.
Ten years later he opened his first hair salon in Oldham Road - Gaetano, the Italian hairdresser, who was to become a legend in Rochdale.
His expertise and creativity had the ladies of Rochdale queuing outside the door of his shop.
One client said: 'Guy gave me a whole new image, I felt ten feet tall when I left the shop!'
Guy inspired many colleagues to emulate and achieve his high standards.
Hairdresser Gregory Couzens, who worked with Guy early in his career, said: “Gaetano introduced Italian style to Rochdale and his work ethic was second to none.
“Many clients will have an image of the 'lovable Italian rogue' with his Stetson on his head, cigarette in one hand, scissors in the other performing miracles with their hair!”
Guy leaves five children and two grandchildren.
The funeral is for family members only.
A celebration of Gaetano's life is being organised on Tuesday 14 May, at the Elephant & Castle, Bury Road at 5pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Primulas planted on Rochdale canal towpath stolen
- 2Coronavirus assessment centre set to open in Middleton next week
- 3New Rochdale Riverside M&S store to open as planned as Monday 6 April
- 4Boxes of frozen chicken dumped in two locations a mile apart
- 5Millions processed in coronavirus fight as council works round the clock to keep businesses afloat