Obituary: Gaetano Timpani
Date published: 06 May 2019
1 December 1942 - 23 April 2019
Gaetano came from Naples to Rochdale as a young boy.
Ten years later he opened his first hair salon in Oldham Road - Gaetano, the Italian hairdresser, who was to become a legend in Rochdale.
His expertise and creativity had the ladies of Rochdale queuing outside the door of his shop.
One client said: 'Guy gave me a whole new image, I felt ten feet tall when I left the shop!'
Guy inspired many colleagues to emulate and achieve his high standards.
Hairdresser Gregory Couzens, who worked with Guy early in his career, said: “Gaetano introduced Italian style to Rochdale and his work ethic was second to none.
“Many clients will have an image of the 'lovable Italian rogue' with his Stetson on his head, cigarette in one hand, scissors in the other performing miracles with their hair!”
Guy leaves five children and two grandchildren.
The funeral is for family members only.
A celebration of Gaetano's life is being organised on Tuesday 14 May, at the Elephant & Castle, Bury Road at 5pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 2‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work
- 3Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 4Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 5Police are continuing to investigate the rape of a teenage girl in Rochdale