Great-great grandmother celebrates 100th birthday at Rochdale care home
Date published: 17 December 2019
Jessie Moody celebrated her 100th birthday surrounded by friends and family
Celebrations were in full swing at HC-One’s Oakland care home in Rochdale as resident Jessie Moody turned 100 years old earlier this month.
Born on 5 December 1919, Jessie went on to marry and have a daughter, Barbara, with her first husband, who sadly died when Barbara was just two years old.
Jessie later remarried and had a son, Tony, before her family eventually expanded to include two stepdaughters, nine grandchildren, ten great grandchildren and seven great-great grandchildren.
When asked what her secret is to a long and happy life, Jessie said she loves a good chat and ‘isn’t afraid to tell people off’ when necessary.
Staff at Oakland arranged a special birthday party to celebrate Jessie’s big day, and her loved ones were invited to join in with the celebrations.
Oakland’s lounge area was dressed with decorations in Jessie’s favourite colours, as the centenarian opened her gifts and enjoyed a special buffet of all her favourite food.
Amcia Hara, Home Manager at Oakland, said: “Jessie is such an inspirational lady for everyone living and working at Oakland, so it was brilliant to celebrate her 100th birthday with her as we treated her like a queen for the day.”
Located on Bury Road, Oakland offers short and long-term care packages for older members of the community needing residential and residential dementia care.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown