Obituary: Stuart Forbes
Date published: 02 January 2020
Stuart Forbes, born 1948, Rochdale born and bred, has died at the age of 71 after fighting a brain tumour.
Mr Forbes worked at Peter Pell Tailors before working at Dexine. He went to university and, once qualified, started work at Chadwick and Co. Solicitors.
He was also lead guitarist in a band called Exit, which started in the 1960s.
Mr Forbes was a massive part of amateur dramatics in Wardle and many other local societies including Whitworth and the Curtain Theatre in Rochdale.
Stuart's funeral will take place on Friday 3 January, 1.15pm at Thrum Hall Church followed by committal at Rochdale Crematorium at 2.20pm.
Family flowers only, and donations, if desired, to The Brain Tumour Charity:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown