Obituary: John Barker
Date published: 09 April 2020
Born 22nd September 1928, son of George and Annie Barker.
Worked as a Senior Blow-molding Technician at Robert McBrides in Middleton until his retirement in 1992, after 25 years.
Passed away peacefully on 6th April 2020 aged 91 years.
Much loved and sadly missed by Alice, his wife of 65 years, sons Paul and John, their wives Susan and Karen, his grandchildren Aimee and husband Matt, Ashley, Lynsey, Ellie and Ryley, great grandsons Max and Miles and his sister Margaret.
Donations are being accepted in John's memory and can be sent online to either The Alzheimers Society or Dementia UK via the following links:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Archaeologists at ‘Big Dig’ hope to uncover Rochdale’s Anglo-Saxon history
- 2No trains from Rochdale to Victoria for 16 days from this weekend due to improvement works
- 3Broadfield Park Hotel taken over by Brilliant Hospitality Management
- 4New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 5Rochdale paramedic student reflects on bumpy road to graduation