Obituary: John Barker
Date published: 09 April 2020
Born 22nd September 1928, son of George and Annie Barker.
Worked as a Senior Blow-molding Technician at Robert McBrides in Middleton until his retirement in 1992, after 25 years.
Passed away peacefully on 6th April 2020 aged 91 years.
Much loved and sadly missed by Alice, his wife of 65 years, sons Paul and John, their wives Susan and Karen, his grandchildren Aimee and husband Matt, Ashley, Lynsey, Ellie and Ryley, great grandsons Max and Miles and his sister Margaret.
Donations are being accepted in John's memory and can be sent online to either The Alzheimers Society or Dementia UK via the following links:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 2Two of Rochdale grooming gang members second appeal to remain in the UK
- 3Planning submitted to redevelop Hollingworth Lake Visitor Centre to Rochdale's new RSPCA Animal...
- 4Heywood Market refurbishment sees phase one of transformation complete
- 5Police officer injured in collision when responding to 999 call