Obituary: Gaynor Ann Emerson
Date published: 02 December 2020
Gaynor Ann Emerson
With profound sadness we announce the passing of Gaynor Ann Emerson (64). A loving and devoted wife, mother, nana, daughter, sister and friend on Friday the 13th of November 2020.
Born in Chester and moving to Rochdale in 1989. She then proceeded to attone by becoming a career Community Safety Worker and Victim Support Officer in Rochdale and Heywood, making many treasured friends along the way. Also, she became a lifelong, no choice, Littleborough Rugby Union Fan. Gaynor also loved long-haul holidays with husband Geoff with her last excursion to Florida for her brother-in-law, Neil's wedding with all of the family in 2018.
Anyone else might have given up with stage 4 lung cancer. Gaynor refused to be beaten and lasted years beyond diagnosis, but was still easily wound up by Geoff, son Karl and daughter-in-law Sonja well into the final stages whilst still smoking like a trooper.
We'll be giving her one final light at Rochdale Crematorium on Friday 4 December at 10.30am, with a Memorial Service at her Parish Church, St Andrews in Littleborough.
Family flowers only please, however donations if desired to Springhill Hospice, Rochdale, with which Gaynor had a long association.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two of Rochdale grooming gang members second appeal to remain in the UK
- 2Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 3Planning submitted to redevelop Hollingworth Lake Visitor Centre to Rochdale's new RSPCA Animal...
- 4Heywood Market refurbishment sees phase one of transformation complete
- 5Police officer injured in collision when responding to 999 call