Obituary: Gaynor Ann Emerson
Date published: 02 December 2020
Gaynor Ann Emerson
With profound sadness we announce the passing of Gaynor Ann Emerson (64). A loving and devoted wife, mother, nana, daughter, sister and friend on Friday the 13th of November 2020.
Born in Chester and moving to Rochdale in 1989. She then proceeded to attone by becoming a career Community Safety Worker and Victim Support Officer in Rochdale and Heywood, making many treasured friends along the way. Also, she became a lifelong, no choice, Littleborough Rugby Union Fan. Gaynor also loved long-haul holidays with husband Geoff with her last excursion to Florida for her brother-in-law, Neil's wedding with all of the family in 2018.
Anyone else might have given up with stage 4 lung cancer. Gaynor refused to be beaten and lasted years beyond diagnosis, but was still easily wound up by Geoff, son Karl and daughter-in-law Sonja well into the final stages whilst still smoking like a trooper.
We'll be giving her one final light at Rochdale Crematorium on Friday 4 December at 10.30am, with a Memorial Service at her Parish Church, St Andrews in Littleborough.
Family flowers only please, however donations if desired to Springhill Hospice, Rochdale, with which Gaynor had a long association.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Archaeologists at ‘Big Dig’ hope to uncover Rochdale’s Anglo-Saxon history
- 2No trains from Rochdale to Victoria for 16 days from this weekend due to improvement works
- 3Broadfield Park Hotel taken over by Brilliant Hospitality Management
- 4New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 5Rochdale paramedic student reflects on bumpy road to graduation