Platinum anniversary for Ken and Joyce Taylor
Date published: 18 December 2020
Ken and Joyce Taylor
A local couple are celebrating an incredible 70 years married this month.
Ken and Joyce Taylor were 23 and 21, respectively, when they got married at Rochdale Parish Church on the 23 December 1950, before honeymooning in Blackpool.
Both Rochdale born and bred, Ken was an ironmonger at JJ Smithies, and Joyce worked at TBA. They now live with their daughter, Janet, in their hometown.
Ken and Joyce enjoyed dancing at Turners for as long as they could, and loved their annual holidays in St Ives. They have two children, six grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
They still walk their neighbourhood holding hands and waving to everyone.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Care home told it still needs to improve after ‘poor communication’ put residents at ‘increased...
- 2Middleton Independents Party councillor defects to Labour less than a month after elections
- 3New plans revealed for 200-home neighbourhood at controversial site
- 4Platinum Jubilee street parties and events in Rochdale borough
- 5Rochdale artists head to London to perform for Jubilee celebrations