Platinum anniversary for Ken and Joyce Taylor
Date published: 18 December 2020
Ken and Joyce Taylor
A local couple are celebrating an incredible 70 years married this month.
Ken and Joyce Taylor were 23 and 21, respectively, when they got married at Rochdale Parish Church on the 23 December 1950, before honeymooning in Blackpool.
Both Rochdale born and bred, Ken was an ironmonger at JJ Smithies, and Joyce worked at TBA. They now live with their daughter, Janet, in their hometown.
Ken and Joyce enjoyed dancing at Turners for as long as they could, and loved their annual holidays in St Ives. They have two children, six grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
They still walk their neighbourhood holding hands and waving to everyone.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Archaeologists at ‘Big Dig’ hope to uncover Rochdale’s Anglo-Saxon history
- 2No trains from Rochdale to Victoria for 16 days from this weekend due to improvement works
- 3Broadfield Park Hotel taken over by Brilliant Hospitality Management
- 4New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 5Rochdale paramedic student reflects on bumpy road to graduation