Platinum anniversary for Ken and Joyce Taylor
Date published: 18 December 2020
Ken and Joyce Taylor
A local couple are celebrating an incredible 70 years married this month.
Ken and Joyce Taylor were 23 and 21, respectively, when they got married at Rochdale Parish Church on the 23 December 1950, before honeymooning in Blackpool.
Both Rochdale born and bred, Ken was an ironmonger at JJ Smithies, and Joyce worked at TBA. They now live with their daughter, Janet, in their hometown.
Ken and Joyce enjoyed dancing at Turners for as long as they could, and loved their annual holidays in St Ives. They have two children, six grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
They still walk their neighbourhood holding hands and waving to everyone.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two of Rochdale grooming gang members second appeal to remain in the UK
- 2Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 3Planning submitted to redevelop Hollingworth Lake Visitor Centre to Rochdale's new RSPCA Animal...
- 4Heywood Market refurbishment sees phase one of transformation complete
- 5Police officer injured in collision when responding to 999 call