Tributes paid to Rochdale Judo Club coach Mick Armstrong
Date published: 30 June 2021
Tributes have been paid to Mick Armstrong, a senior coach at Rochdale Judo Club, who has sadly died after a battle with cancer.
Mick passed away peacefully during the early hours of 22 June at Blackburn General Hospital.
Born on 10 April 1956, Mick, 65, was originally from Littleborough and later lived in Bacup. He served with the Royal Irish Rangers before going on to be a coach at Rochdale Judo Club.
Mick ran training sessions in schools until ill health forced him to take early retirement around eight years ago.
Mick was also very active with the Rossendale Veterans Association and helped raise money for them. Although seriously ill, he was determined to attend the reopening of the Veterans’ Breakfast Club and meet up with his many friends.
He was also a member of Veterans In Communities, which has extended condolences to Mick’s family and friends.
He will be sadly missed by family, his judo pals and his veteran mates.
Funeral details are yet to be announced.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Thunderstorms and heavy rain forecast for Tuesday
- 2Royal Mail warns of delays to local postal deliveries
- 3£22.6m funding secured for manufacturing institute to be based in Rochdale
- 4Metrolink services reduced today due to discovery of damage to 43 trams
- 5Summer schools to help Rochdale pupils catch up on learning they missed out on due to pandemic