Obituary: Bill Eaton
Date published: 08 September 2021
It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Bill Eaton. Bill passed away at home with his family at his side on the 26th August 2021 after a long battle with cancer.
Bill leaves behind Matty his wife of 64 years, sons David, Andrew and Gary. He was also Grandfather to Jessica, Danniel, Callum, Matthew, Isabelle, Zackarry and Alex. He was also Great Grandfather to Albie.
Over the years Bill was involved with Rochdale and District scouting as a venture leader, club leader and finally ADC for cubs, he has changed the values of many young people and leaders in the Rochdale area. He was also a member of Rochdale Walton Angling Society for 49 years where he served as Treasurer for many years and was made a life member for his service to the society. In later years he was a passionate golfer playing several times a week at Springfield Park.
Bill’s Funeral will be held at Rochdale Crematorium on Friday 17th September 2021 at 11.50am. A webcast is available for anyone who cannot attend at www.obitus.com
Username - feve7272, Password - 419639.
Family flowers only please and donations are being collected for Springhill Hospice where Bill attended weekly.
All further enquiries to Bridgefold Funeral Service, Telephone 01706 639941.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Retail and hospitality jobs' fair in Rochdale town centre
- 2Five men from Heywood, Rochdale and Littleborough charged with drug offences after dawn raids
- 3Local rail lines shut for 9 days in October for railway tunnel upgrade
- 4Temporary road closures for Williams BMW Rochdale Half Marathon and 10K
- 5Former Dale goalkeeper jailed for 28 years for sexual offences