Medical assessment or short term respite at Highfield Hospital
Date published: 21 June 2017
The BMI The Highfield Hospital can provide medical care for a broad range of conditions and illnesses.
Here at BMI The Highfield Hospital we have a team of experienced consultant general physicians who can provide around the clock medical care for a broad range of conditions and illnesses.
Our expert, personalised approach to care, coupled with peaceful surroundings and your own private en-suite bedroom, will make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Who is the service for?*
- You or a loved one may require treatment for an illness
- You're suffering from multiple conditions and need medical care
- You are in need of rehabilitation and a hospital stay
- You require diagnostic investigations to get to the bottom of what's wrong
We provide respite care as and when you or a family member may need it. Should you need an operation but care for someone who cannot be left on their own, no need to worry, they can stay at our hospital at the same time. We provide private en-suite bedrooms either with/without nursing care dependent on your situation. We are happy to tailor this to your requirements.
Why choose us for general medical care?
- We provide 24/7 direct access to our service with a fast and efficient admission process
- Our service is consultant led so you have the reassurance that you are being cared for by a specialist, experienced consultant physician, backed up by a dedicated nursing team providing high quality, personalised care
- If required, a team of healthcare professionals such as physiotherapists, will be available to aid your recovery
- Your own private en-suite bedroom and tailored menus will make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible
- Our general medical service is insurer approved meaning you should be covered by your private medical insurance policy**
- For those who do not have private medical insurance, we offer a pay for yourself package price option***
Admission into our general medical service:
All you need to do is make one simple phone call to our general medical services department on 0800 029 4343.
Our dedicated senior medical officer will ask some questions over the phone to ensure you or your loved one are suitable for admission into hospital*. Once agreed you can arrive at the hospital there and then if you wish. You will be under the care of the general medical nursing team and you will be assessed by your consultant physician within 4 hours of admission.
Your admission can be arranged by yourself or on your behalf by a relative, GP, carer or care home.
Terms and conditions
*We do not accept admissions for any person under the age of 18 years old. There are various medical conditions that we are unable to accept. We accept non-ventilated patients. The nurse will ask you questions over the phone to ensure it is suitable for you to be admitted into hospital.
** Please check the cover detail of your insurance policy with your insurer directly.
***Our fixed price pay for yourself package includes accommodation, daily consultant visits, nursing care, low cost drugs and pathology, and access to some other healthcare professionals such as physiotherapists. The price does not include the initial consultant fee, imaging and diagnostics, high cost drugs and pathology and consultations, care or treatment provided by other specialist consultants. For patients paying for themselves, we will ask for your credit card details upon admission to act as a holding deposit.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.