Rochdale Exchange 40th anniversary a roaring success
Date published: 27 September 2018
Lorenzo O’Reilly cuts the centre’s birthday cake
Rochdale Exchange celebrated its milestone anniversary at the weekend when it invited the local community to come and help celebrate it 40th birthday.
Visitors from across Rochdale arrived throughout the day to enjoy a host of festivities including a 1970s-themed arcade games, that had a selection of vintage games for the general public to have go all for free.
A specially commissioned, four-tier birthday cake also took pride of place with birthday cupcakes handed out to shoppers.
Lorenzo O’Reilly, Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre manager, said: “The whole day was a great success and the town really came together to show their support for this special occasion in the centre’s history.
"The activities proved a huge hit with everyone making the most of all the fun that was on offer. It really demonstrated Rochdale’s community spirit which wonderful to see and was what we had hoped for.
"Thank you to all our shoppers for attending and making this a day to remember.”
This was also the last chance for people to take a turn on the centre’s successful life-size interactive game, Space Gems.
This was first launched back in July as part of the build-up to Rochdale Exchange’s anniversary and has had more than 3,000 people take part and over 250 players win prizes.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 4Volunteers at Hopwood Hall Estate learn the craft of renovating its historic leaded glass windows
- 5Bev Yarwood is named as new president of Rotary Middleton