VOTE YES - Rochdale Online backs Rochdale town centre Business Improvement District (BID)
Date published: 01 October 2018
VOTE YES to Rochdale town centre Business Improvement District
Scroll down for Video
Rochdale Online is backing the development of a Business Improvement District (BID) in Rochdale town centre and urging businesses to vote YES.
A BID is a business-led and business funded body formed to improve a defined commercial area and town centre businesses will shortly be receiving ballot papers.
A not-for-profit company is set up and run by the businesses in the area and is responsible for ensuring that the aims and objectives of the BID Proposal are delivered.
Rochdale's BID would be governed by a board made up of the businesses who represent the BID area. This means those businesses will have a genuine voice and decide and direct what they want for the town centre.
BIDs are about additionality. They do not replace local authority or police services but have to provide additional resources and activities to benefit the area.
Research showed the biggest issue for businesses from across the town centre was the poor perception of the town generally with two thirds of businesses feeling that the town had become a worse place to do business over the last five years
What can be delivered if you vote YES
- Define and promote the identity of Rochdale which creates a sense of pride.
- Organise events to create an animated feel to the town.
- Use digital and social media, traditional marketing and PR to promote businesses and events.
- Deliver campaigns to increase loyalty to the town, capture market intelligence and attract more customers and clients.
- Promote customer service excellence through award schemes.
- Regular communications with businesses about issues and opportunities.
- Act as a collective voice and represent business interests to influence promotion of the town centre.
Pauline Journeaux, Rochdale Online managing director, said: "We urge every town centre business to vote YES to the BID."
Lorenzo O’Reilly, BID Chairman and Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre manager
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched