Well Pharmacy shares handy hints to lose excess lbs as they launch a new medicated weight loss service
Date published: 15 February 2021
The private Medicated Weight Management Service being offered at the Well Pharmacies in Castleton
This winter, your local Well Pharmacy is here to support people struggling to manage their weight and has launched a private Medicated Weight Management Service for overweight and obese patients.
The four-step programme has been carefully designed to help people achieve and maintain a healthy weight by providing one-to-one consultations with the pharmacist and regular guidance alongside a paid for prescribed medication, which is offered to those with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of over 30, or over 27 with a weight-related condition.
The prescribed medication is used alongside a calorie-controlled diet and increased exercise to help with weight loss. It helps to increase the feeling of fullness and decrease hunger, which in turn leads to a reduction of food intake and helps people lose the extra weight.
Patients can be assured of full confidentiality (details will be shared with the GP) and are invited to book an appointment for their consultation via well.co.uk, call or visit the pharmacy, to discuss options and find out how this new paid for private service at Well can support them on their weight loss journey.
“We know that ‘one size doesn’t fit all’ and patients will be fully supported by the pharmacist throughout the programme on an individual basis,” says local Pharmacist at Well Pharmacy. “We will be offering weekly check-ins over the telephone during the first four weeks followed by monthly face-to-face consultations. We’re hoping through this service we can make positive, long-term changes to the lives of our patients.”
Instead of leaving people to their own devices, the Medicated Weight Management Service helps patients maintain their weight loss goals with ongoing support and lifestyle advice through our highly trained pharmacy teams.
Well has shared some handy hints to help those committed to a weight loss journey:
- Share your goals with friends and family so that they can support you on your weight loss journey and ask for their consideration with the food and beverages they may be offering you.
- Everyone’s journey is different and weight loss isn’t a straight line. A small weight loss is still a great achievement and a step in the right direction.
- If you are struggling, don’t give up. Just remember that you can do this, and you can speak to our experts pharmacists who can offer you the support you need.
- Set yourself daily goals, no matter how big or small. Small steps are also progress.
- Balance is key to a healthy lifestyle. You don’t always need to cut out the foods you love and with our weight management service, you won’t need to. Carbs and fats are not your enemy – you can still enjoy them all in moderation.
- Make sure you drink enough water – our bodies need 2.5 litres a day (around 8 x 8oz) glasses - although some of this comes from food as well as drinking fluids. Water not only keeps your body hydrated but can help make you feel fuller and encourage you to eat less.
To find out more about the private Medicated Weight Management Service being offered at Well Pharmacy in Castleton on Elizabeth Street and Manchester Road, and to book your appointment, visit Medicated Weight Management Service - Well Pharmacy.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns for people in Rochdale's most deprived area as masterplan goes out to consultation
- 2Man suffers serious injuries after car flips on roof
- 3Bedsit plan for former pub refused on grounds it would offer ‘unacceptable standard of...
- 4For Sale: 22ft Narrowboat with trailer
- 5Seven arrested in Operation Foam dawn raids