Letter: Good care transforms disabled people’s lives
Date published: 10 February 2018
Social care is being chronically underfunded. By April 2018, the government will have taken £6 billion out of social care since 2010.
These funding cuts mean many disabled people receive rushed 15-minute personal care visits. Being forced to choose between eating and showering is unacceptable.
Leonard Cheshire campaigners want a stop to these undignified visits and an increase in social care funding now.
Concerned readers of Rochdale Online can find out how many people in our region are still receiving 15 minute visits and learn more about the Leonard Cheshire campaign and ask Heath Secretary Jeremy Hunt to end the 15 minute care crisis at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted